Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bunting Gift Tags

I hate to throw away any of my beautiful fabrics.  Many of my details in my mobiles are from fabric offcuts that occur while cutting out the main pattern, but even employing that I still have scraps that are too small to reuse but too pretty to throw out.  Seriously I save the tiniest scraps, I have drawers full of fabric.

So in order to save myself from a mountain of towering scraps which engulf me one day I decided I needed to do something with all these bits.  So I came up with these easy to make bunting gifts tags which I now use as a quick way to dress up my gifts.


Now here's how you can make use of your tiny scraps too...


First cut your scraps into the shape of little bunting flags - about 1/2 inch high.  Then cut a piece of 4 x 6 inch colored card stock in half to make 2 3x4 inch cards.   Take a few of your flag pieces and arrange them across the top of the card. 


Now you are ready to sew them in place. I used a contrasting thread dark enough to show up on the card stock and a #2 stitch on my machine to sew the bunting flags in place (your machine may be slightly different, you want to use a stitch with a little bit of space otherwise the card may tear).


Then trim the extra thread off the edges and use a micro or regular hole punch to create a hole for the ribbon to go through.  Now you are ready to wrap up your gifts with your pretty new cards.  How easy was that!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! It's so clever to turn the tiniest scraps into something so sweet. : ) I shared your idea on my blog along with other bunting-inspired crafts:

    http://www.chickabug.com/blog/2012/01/bunting-themed-diy-projects.html

    Thank you for the inspiration! : )

    ReplyDelete