Monday, September 13, 2010

Rainbarrels can be beautiful

So I wanted to share little side project that I just finished last weekend - a painted rain barrel for the Manayunk Eco Arts Festival which will take place the weekend of September 25th.  You can get more info about the festival here http://www.manayunk.com/play/special-events/manayunk-arts-festival-maf


I was inspired by the canal which runs through Manayunk to make frogs leap and lily pads float across my barrel and the beautiful weather we had provided the perfect excuse to paint outside.  Here are two pics which I took quickly before I delivered the barrel.  The best part is that after the festival I get to keep the barrel and install it to collect rainwater for my garden!  Unless someone wants to buy it - then I'll totally sell it...and make another for me.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! This is a terrific project, Jahje! You definitely proved to us that rain barrels can also be beautiful. I just love what you did here! Now, that rain barrel not only stores sufficient water, but it’s also a marvelous garden piece. Kudos! :]

    ReplyDelete